Re: Intent package mule2 and custom-mule (Important for emacs (lisp) package maintainers)

    RG> Well, the difference between emacs19 and emacs20 is about 10 MB
    RG> diskspace I am running a space constrained system, and users do
    RG> want emacs, and are happy with emacs19. What would you do?  I
    RG> keep emacs19 installed.  (and do not tell me that diskspace is
    RG> cheap.... unless you are willing to donate me a disk :-))

Disk space isn't so cheap, but it applies to mirrors too.  I think this
is a similar problem as with data packages -- let's have obsolete
software in Debian as long as someone maintains it, but in some extra
section separated from the main archive.

    RG> emacs is a lot like M$ word...more and more bloat with each new
    RG> version

I hate people who make statements about things they don't understand.

Milan Zamazal

--
"Having GNU Emacs is like having a dragon's cave of treasures."
                                                Robert J. Chassell