Re: Intent package mule2 and custom-mule (Important for emacs (lisp) package maintainers)

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 01:08:00AM +0900, Takao KAWAMURA wrote:
> > What do you think about emacs19? emacs19 is old and obsolate editor, isn't it?
>
> Yes.  I think emacs19 should be removed from Debian in the
> future.  However it exists now.  Having a *new* obsolete
> editor is another thing.

Well, the difference between emacs19 and emacs20 is about 10 MB diskspace
I am running a space constrained system, and users do want emacs, and are
happy with emacs19. What would you do?
I keep emacs19 installed.
(and do not tell me that diskspace is cheap.... unless you are willing to
donate me a disk :-))

emacs is a lot like M$ word...more and more bloat with each new version

I realize the "historical inevitability" though (emacs19 is not installable
anymore), but something along the lines of fvwm would not be bad
(fvwm1 (lightweight, old) vs. fvwm (feature-full, new)).
Perhaps emacs-old or emacs-light would be appropriate.

| __..--^^^--..__         garabik @ fmph.uniba.sk           |