Re: perhaps sort by priority?

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 08:02:47PM +0200, Filip Van Raemdonck wrote:
> Well, this could have a larger impact... Think of this:
>
> You need a local (=on site) mirror for using the cd creating scripts.
> Mirroring through a proxy is nearly impossible.
> Directly mirroring from ftp.debian.org is nearly impossible if you're
> say somewhere in europe, because of the distance. This leaves you with
> nothing but downloading the cdimages...

What's wrong with downloading cdimages if you're going to download every
file anyway? I don't see this as a problem. A more troubling question in
my mind is, "why are you downloading everything to make a cd?" A local
proxy would be better, IMHO, as it would only take debian's bandwidth
for the files you actually use. (Unless you actually install *every*
.deb, in which case this doesn't apply.)

Mike Stone