Re: perhaps sort by priority?

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 05:03:24PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> What's wrong with downloading cdimages if you're going to download every
> file anyway? I don't see this as a problem. A more troubling question in
> my mind is, "why are you downloading everything to make a cd?"

Two things are wrong: downloading the images appears to be equally filling the bandwith than downloading separate files (or even more so: according to cdimages.debian.org you should only do this as a last resort, and people have been doing a lot of work so you could avoid this); and second there's the chance of failures - you'll be a lot worse if a >600 Mb download gets interrupted than even when some 20 Mb data package does.