Re: Background images.. propaganda package?

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 01:33:35PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> [.. Packaging background images for X ..]
>
> We spoke about bloat, and I thought this is rather academic. But now
> as I see this posting, I wouldn't like to see a package of these -
> they are only bloat, nothing more. 26 MB of background images...
>
> Next time someone want to package 50 MB of randomly generated povray
> images :-(
>
> If we get a seperate data section - OK. But not in main!
>
> I would like to see Debian gtk and window manager themes. They should
> be similar in look, so that they fit together. The Debian WM theme
> looks slink. I started to do an adaptation for fvwm, but run out of
> time. Anyone interested in working on such a project?
>
> It is great advertisement to see a running Debian box, recogniseable
> as Debian, with gtk and the wm fitting in look.

AOL - I agree completely. Data should go into the new (not yet created) data
section[1], and we should have the Debian window manager themes packaged.

[1] To FTP admins: this idea about 'data' section is an accepted proposal
(on -policy list, see bug #38902).

Can the new section be set up soon after it gets included in the Policy
document? Are there any serious technical difficulties with it?

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name