Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

Well cron is not the problem, and neither are the scripts in /etc/rc.d
(or equivalent on tother systems). The solaris manpage for crontab(5)
also states:

     cron supplies  a default environment for every shell, defining
     HOME, LOGNAME, SHELL(=/bin/sh), TZ, and PATH.  The default
     PATH  for  user cron  jobs  is  /usr/bin;  while  root  cron
     jobs default to /usr/sbin:/usr/bin.   The  default  PATH  can
     be   set   in /etc/default/cron; see cron(1M).

And I've alreqdy quoted the manpage for Paul Vixie's cron, which is
the one used by free OS's.

What's dangerous about it?

Justin