Re: Corel/Debian Linux Installer

Another solution is to let those who are looking to remain ignorant to go use
Redhat.  The real issue is that a standard UNIX type system will have telnet,
rlogin, rsh, as well as FTP and other remote access tools turned on by default.
For an enduser, this is a negative, since if they don't know what they are
doing, their system can be easily hacked and used to attack other systems.  The
ease of use issue basically comes down to having a complete minimal system
without telnet, FTP, or anything turned on, with only the minimum needed to go
into xf86.  I do NOT recomend that Debian go down this path, except as a
seperate "distribution" that aims for the enduser system.  Even Redhat is more
than the typical end-user wants in many cases.  If you go through the Win98
installation, the selection of what to install is more than many end-users want
to deal with.  Until these end-users are ready to accept that they need to learn
something about computers, a "Newbie Linux" distribution will be needed.  Now,
our base-install is almost perfect as a starting point.  If we could set up an
installation to take away the need to select modules, similar to what Redhat
does, that would also help.

							Dave Bristel