Re: wu-ftpd licence [was Re: Release-critical Bugreport]

On Sun, May 30, 1999 at 10:10:56AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
: On Sun, May 30, 1999 at 02:25:55AM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
: > I don't think we can live without wu-ftpd and descendants, though.
:
: Then let us upload BeroFTPd and VR-wu-ftpd, don't reject them because
: they have wu-ftpd's licence. Okay?
:

wu-ftpd-academ hasn't a licence at all.
Only almost every source file contains a copyright like
/* Copyright (c) 1985, 1988, 1990 Regents of the University of
 * California.
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * modification, are permitted provided that the following
 * conditions are
 * met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above
 * copyright
 * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 * 2.
 * Redistributions in b

But no ``general'' licence.

/me - (maintainer of wu-ftpd-academ) ... (and recently switched my first
server to proftpd)

    Best Regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Gruesse aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann