Re: wu-ftpd licence [was Re: Release-critical Bugreport]

[CC:ing future BeroFTPd maintainer]

On Sun, May 30, 1999 at 12:19:27PM +0200, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> : > I don't think we can live without wu-ftpd and descendants, though.
> :
> : Then let us upload BeroFTPd and VR-wu-ftpd, don't reject them because
> : they have wu-ftpd's licence. Okay?
>
> wu-ftpd-academ hasn't a licence at all.
> Only almost every source file contains a copyright like
[something like the BSD licence]
> But no ``general'' licence.

I think that including this text in the copyright file counts as a
general licence, since we can all agree that the intention was clear.
If the first file (whatever its name is, main.c or ftpd.c or sth)
contains this licence then others are obviously following the same
practice.

And I don't think that all other Linux distributions (and BSDs?) can
be wrong in distributing it.

> /me - (maintainer of wu-ftpd-academ) ... (and recently switched my first
> server to proftpd)

Okay, so can I (or someone else, whoever you prefer) upload the
newest -academ or -vr or bero- version, before potato freezes?
This *is* an IMPORTANT bug that we have to solve, after all...