Re: Release-critical Bugreport

Edward Betts wrote:
> > Package: netstd (main)
> > Maintainer: Herbert Xu <herbert@debian.org>
> >   34849  netstd: Version of netstd in potato is missing security fixes from slink version
>
> I think this one is fixed and the bug should be closed. Loads of new versions
> have been released seen slink.

Why speculate when you can check?  The version in slink is 3.07.7slink.3,
the version in potato is 3.07-7.  The problem is still there.

> > Package: wu-ftpd-academ (main)
> > Maintainer: Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@lotte.sax.de>
> >   34418  wu-ftpd-academ: this ain't a licence!
>
> Either this bug is fixed and should be closed or the package should be pulled
> NOW.

We're not getting any angry letters from the authors' lawyers yet.
There's some time for the maintainer to straighten this out.  Specifically,
until the freeze, when other packages with important bugs are removed.
I don't think we can live without wu-ftpd and descendants, though.

Richard Braakman