Re: Perl 5.005 in potato

*Michael Stone wrote:
> I'm still convinced that the reason slink's freeze took so long is that
> some major packages were uploaded just prior to it, because they
> "needed" to be in. Just like people want to do with perl...

	I am not sure where you are headed with this statement.  AFAIK,
no tentative freeze date has been set.   Also, the problem of how to
introduce the new package has been debated since before the slink freeze.
It is apparantly a difficult problem.  I imagine that, if the problem is
solved before the freeze, perl 5.005 will be installed.
	John

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org