Re: Freeze date for potato?

On Thu, May 06, 1999 at 11:44:25PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 05:20:23PM -0700, Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:
> > Some questions about the new release management policies.
> >
> > Is there any estimated date that potato will be frozen?
> >
> > Also, how are past abuses going to be dealt with? Specifically the wave of
> > new, broken uploads on the eve of the freeze?
>
> Perhaps by not publishing a freeze date in advance?

However I'm sure there are lots of uploads just before which is good.  I
think we need a widely publisized one _well_ in advance to avoid a rush.

At the soonest sign of change, the date should be changed (hopefully
bringing it nearer if things are going well, but more likely pushing it back
due to problems).

Adrian (intending to do 1001 things, but uploading packages isn't all that
high up unless a freeze is impending :-)

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices  -=-  use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org