Re: Perl 5.005 in potato

On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 09:28:33PM -0700, Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:
> > > The major complaint I hear is that debian takes too long between
> > > releases.

FWIW, I've never heard this. The major complaints I hear about Debian is
that dpkg is buggy, and that packages in unstable occassionally suck. YMM,
and obviously does, V. C'est la vie.

Also, FWIW, my major complaint about the release process is that we
spend far too much time in `freeze'. Shortening the freeze is one way
to fix this, although I, personally, don't think any of this `just wait
until next time!'  is going to actually help: we tried that for slink,
and slink's freeze took a month or so longer than hamm's. I much more
for spending a good six or eight months without even *considering*
freezing, personally. Again, YMMV.

After all, people who want frequent releases can point Apt at unstable,
for a new release every day.

IMHO, etc.

Cheers,
aj

``Smart, sexy, single. Pick any two (you can't have all three).''
        -- RFC 1925, paraphrased: a guide to networking in the '90s