Re: PROPOSAL: preparation for freezes, release coordination

In linux.debian.devel, you wrote:

>I hope to fix this in the long run by having more frequent releases,
>so that maintainers are less anxious to get their packages in the
>upcoming release.  In the short term... let's just hope :-)

   How about creating woody at the freeze announcement instead of at
the actual freeze?   Then you could rail at new-package uploaders and
they'd have no excuses, plus we could compete to be the first
uploader..  It would also give the archive maintainers a chance to
spread out their workload: freeze would be independent of creating the
new distribution area.

-Drake