Re: Corel Setup Design Proposal

On Thu, May 06, 1999 at 05:51:22PM -0400, Dave Neil wrote:
> Ben Pfaff wrote:
> > At this point I'm going to reiterate my concern about linking Qt to
> > the GPL'd boot floppies code.  Don't do it, it's a violation of
> > license as far as I can tell.
> >

> Bottom line is that Debian has publicly supported QT2's license. If not then how
> about clearing   this issue up publicly, have you or not?

There is a difference between declaring a license DFSG free and
declaring it compatible with the GPL.

Debian can support a license all it wants, but if it's not compatible
with another one, then there's nothing *Debian* can do to change that,
apart from asking people to change it.

Note that I haven't even looked at the compatibility issue itself.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed