Re: Corel Setup Design Proposal

Enrique Zanardi wrote:

> On Thu, May 06, 1999 at 12:59:49PM -0400, Dave Neil wrote:
> > Here's some more details.
> > A.The X install would use the VGA16 server.
>
> Why use X when we already have framebuffer support on our install
> floppies?

Has anyone gotten any GTK or QT application to run with this ?
I'm all for that if it can be done, but at this stage I think frame buffer
stuff is rather limited in its usage. The GUI must be both functional
and attractive. I do believe  however that frame buffer is the future,
but maybe not initially unless we have a decent GUI running ontop of it.
On another note we're not against console based installs, in fact it would be
nice to
be able to give the user a choice, much like configuration of the line kernel or

X.

So for now we should definitely support doing a console install, the X based
install would be limited to those platforms that can support it, and frame
buffer would
be what we in the end should move to in the future as it matures,unless it's
there
now.

Thanks
Dave