Re: Corel Setup Design Proposal

Dave Neil <davidne@corel.ca> writes:

   Enrique Zanardi wrote:

   > On Thu, May 06, 1999 at 12:59:49PM -0400, Dave Neil wrote:
   > > Here's some more details.
   > > A.The X install would use the VGA16 server.
   >
   > Why use X when we already have framebuffer support on our install
   > floppies?

   Has anyone gotten any GTK or QT application to run with this ?

Why do we want to run Gtk or Qt on top of it?  There is already a GUI
for it.  If we can swap in Gtk or Qt or console then surely we can
swap in another GUI.

At this point I'm going to reiterate my concern about linking Qt to
the GPL'd boot floppies code.  Don't do it, it's a violation of
license as far as I can tell.