Re: Debian FreeBSD

Elie Rosenblum <fnord@jurai.net> writes:

> And thus spake John Goerzen, on Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 08:33:38AM -0500:
> > The same as for using FreeBSD itself: it's got a nasty BSD license.
>
> Er, the BSD license is still DFSG free, last I checked. And many of
> the BSD zealots have a somewhat good argument that the BSD license
> is less restrictive and more open than GPL.

No, that argument holds no water.  GPL preserves greater net freedom.
BSD gives people the freedom to take freedom away.  I don't like that,
and it results in less net freedom.  Witness BSDI, SunOS, etc, etc.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
The 789,488th digit of pi is 5.