Re: Debian FreeBSD

On Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 08:21:57AM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

> I was sketching a plan to Debianize the box: browsing the hurd archives I
> guess I should start trying to get base up and running, then any important
> pacakge not in base, then the standard packages as the need shows up and
> then slowly work my way thru the devel section.  Noone needs this machine
> for anything useful, so this can take as long I want.

Because BSD is already working, you can start from anywhere. The procedure I
followed with the Hurd (kernel, libc, translators, gcc) was required to
bootstrap the system from scratch.

Marcus

--
"The purpose of Free Software is Free Software.
The End and the Means are the same."  -- Craig Sanders

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>