Re: moving of dinstall run time on master.

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 10:31:47PM +0800, Andrew Howell wrote:

> > I highly doubt that, bandwidth is cheaper at night than it is in the middle
> > of the day. Unless of course there is a Tier-1 mirror on the other side of
> > the world.
>
> Oh my gosh, people live outside of the United States?? :)
>
> > They are hardly dictating our affairs. If they would have said "dinstall
> > will only run once a week" then that would be cause for concern, all they
> > are doing is moving dinstall to a time which will be better for *all* our
> > mirrors and not just novare.
>
> Ummm, I'm a mirror and it won't be better for me, It'll be moving from
> about 2 or 3 am to 3 pm.
>
> But anyway it's obviously more important for master to run outside peak
> time than for other sites.

"any other sites"? Try 3, thats how many sites outside the US mirror from
master out of a total of 9. I'd be more beneficial to move the dinstall time
to night US time than it would be to leave it where it is now.

--
Stephen Crowley
Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org