Re: We can halve volume by not allowing nondevelopers to post

On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 01:52:00PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Several people have claim that my suggestion to close -devel to
> nondeveloper postings only makes sense if I consider all those
> postings to be valueless.

[deletia]

On reading this thread, I find my sympathy lies with Ian.  Volume is a
big problem for me and lists.  I recently enabled a mail sorter and
started to use mutt.  These things help, but I don't have time to wade
through d-devel with adequate care.  It's coming close to the volume
of l-kernel but the content tends toward politics instead of technical
issues.

I'd prefer to leave readership open to the public and posting limited
to developers.  Anyone unsunscribed who needs to post can send to the
maintainer of the package in question, or a maintainer of a related
package.

-O