Re: Device detection?

On Sat, Mar 06, 1999 at 04:34:41PM +0000, robbie@scot-mur.demon.co.uk wrote:
> Hi
>
> pnpdump lockes up my system for some reason. I think isapnp detection
> should also be optional. I don't have any isapnp devices anyway so it
> doesn't matter. I have a via chipset.

I noticed that also. pnpdump locked the system every time I tried to configure
an PnP ISA RTL8019. The reason was that the card was in jumperless mode as
opposed to pnp mode :(

This seems to happen when pnpdump hits the io-port of the ethernet card. So we
had to probe for the card before using that address in pnpdump.

cu
    Torsten