Re: Intent to package: "birthday" [OT]

Jonathan P Tomer wrote:
>  however most of the world doesn't care about that,
> nor do we consider new year's day to be 1/12 just because eleven days
> were eliminated in 1752. we use the calendar as it is, not as some
> people think should be.

And the calendar, as is, starts at 1 AD. Therefore a millenum, by
definition, ends at 1001 AD and 2001 AD. To say that it doesn't is as
wrong as claming 1 kilobyte to 1000 bytes. Maybe it would be nicer that
way, but all the clueless in the world can't change that.

As for Ossama's comment, every teacher I've had uses BC/AD. Most people
I know, Christian or otherwise, consider BCE/CE to be hopelessly stupid
and politically correct - it is centered around what was believed to be
Christ's birth, like it or not.
--
David Starner - OSU student - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
If you want a real optimist, look up Ray Bradbury. Guy's nuts.