Re: GnuDIP package on master -- here goes nothing... :)

--
Nazi terrorist Saddam Hussein kibo Rule Psix colonel genetic
ammunition Semtex Kennedy Clinton Serbian spy FBI Treasury
From: Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@nocrew.org>
Date: 22 Feb 1999 11:27:50 +0100

Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org> wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> > > i'll post a message when i have the package ready for testing..
> > *waiting is*
>
> well, it's now on master. Please do test it out and let me know if it's
> working before i upload it for real....

Very nice! Small nitt picking and wishlist though...

* When purging (--purge) package, the mySQL database should be removed
  automaticly (purge is used to TOTALY wipe any trace of a package on
  the system). Remove (--remove) however, should NOT remove config file
  and database...

* Add a entry in the config file, 'engine' or something
  where one can use once own database type (DBI engine)...
  In the programs, do

	my $engine = &ReadConf('engine');

	my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:$engine:gnudip2;host=$gnudip2server",
		  $gnudip2user, $gnudip2pass);

  This is a little TODO thingie, though, but it would be good to be able
  to choose the DBI type you want to use, without go in and change the
  scripts (which get's overwritten when one upgrades)...

* In the postinst script, double check  that the password entered is
  correct (by doing a test connection or something).