Re: Intent to package: GnuDIP

Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org> wrote:

> In reference to a message from Turbo Fredriksson, dated Feb 20:
> > that they'd jusT SUED you!  These people are EVIL!!! They kidnapped my dog
> > and G$%<S-F4>@^<S-F6>RB. f NO CARRIER
> what's that? =)

Sorry about that... Check the original mail, but check the Header line 'X-Yow',
then it might be a little clearer... For those of you that are lazy as
me, here goes:

Sued?  SUED???!!?  When MS gets through with you, you're going to WISH
that they'd jusT SUED you!  These people are EVIL!!! They kidnapped my dog
and G$%<S-F4>@^<S-F6>RB. f NO CARRIER

I thought that was quite funny... :)

(this is extracted automaticly from a database when I do
'message-send-and-exit', so I don't have much control over this :)

> > TF> Means that it goes to contrib, but I don't have a problem with
> > TF> that personaly...
> >
> > Fortunately no. The client part of mysql is in main.
> so it doesn't matter that it *uses* the server? hm.... (related -- so this
> should depend on mysql-base, but not on mysql-server?)

The install script uses 'mysqladmin' and 'mysql', which is in
mysql-base.... On my machine that is a non-free package...

 [ssh.papadoc]$ dpkg -S mysqladmin
 mysql-base: /usr/bin/mysqladmin
 mysql-base: /usr/man/man1/mysqladmin.1.gz
 [ssh.papadoc]$ dpkg --status mysql-base
 Package: mysql-base
 Section: non-free/devel
 Installed-Size: 471
 Maintainer: Scott Hanson <shanson@debian.org>
 Source: mysql-freebits
 Version: 3.21.33b-4
 Replaces: mysql
 Provides: mysql
 Depends: debianutils (>= 1.6), libc6 (>= 2.0.7u), libncurses4, libreadlineg2 (>= 2.1-12), libstdc++2.9
 Suggests: mysql-manual, mysql-server, mysql-doc, mysql-dev, perl (>= 5.004)
 Conflicts: mysql, mysql-server (<= 3.21.33-3), libdbd-mysql-perl (<< 1.1832)
  mysql is a SQL (Structured Query Language) database server written by
  Michael (monty) Widenius. This package includes the client binaries and
  libraries. As of version 3.21.33-4, this package is in main instead of
  non-free. This package does not include the server, which is in non-free.

    We are GNU.  You will be GPL'ed.  Resistance is futile.
 / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \  Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org>
( D | e | b | i | a | n ) Debian Certified Linux Developer
 \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/  Gothenburg/Sweden

assassination munitions jihad colonel FBI SDI NSA Treasury FSF Soviet
Cocaine Delta Force quiche smuggle South Africa