Re: RFC: new network config (was: Re: network configuration)

Christian Hammers <ch@lathspell.westend.com> wrote:

> I just saw the ipmasq package in debian.devel-changes-l.
> Since we are about splitting the ip-spoofing part off into a seperate file,
> we could - if all affected maintainers agree - merge this pagacke into
> netbase.
> The description says something about firewall, too and in this discussion
> someone said that he would like to have a sepereate /etc/init.d/firewall...
> Comments ?

I think it's better to have a separate 'firewall' package,
where all the stuff that have to do with firewalling can be put,
like: ipfwadm, ipfwadm-wrapper, ipchains, ipmasqadm (with lib's)
the init scripts (more than one?) etc, etc... A fiend is working
on a 'firewall config program', I'll see how faar he have come...

netbase is being (have been?) split up, so no need to put in
the firewalling stuff there.

    We are GNU.  You will be GPL'ed.  Resistance is futile.
 / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \  Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org>
( D | e | b | i | a | n ) Debian Certified Linux Developer
 \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/  Gothenburg/Sweden

AK-47 Albanian counter-intelligence plutonium NSA fissionable South
Africa bomb supercomputer [Hello to all my fans in domestic
surveillance] genetic Rule Psix Qaddafi FBI Khaddafi