Re: dpkg-logger 1.0.5

On Sat, Jan 02, 1999 at 11:35:10PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Ben Collins wrote:
>
>   [NON-Text Body part not included]
>
> Blah, evil pine.
>
> Anyhow.. I'm not entirely sure I like the use of syslog for logging. In
> fact I'm pretty sure I don't like it. It would make more sense for logging
> to be under control of the invoking GUI so the log could be siphoned off
> and displayed in real time if the user wished.

[snip]

Hmm - does using syslog impose a heavy (syncing?) penalty?  I comment out
the kernel source "Invalid ICMP redirect..." because otherwise it slows down
my P166 very noticably.

Cheers

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices  -=-  use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org