Re: What's Debian's /usr/src policy

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	/usr/src/linux/include/ Debian still point to the latest
>  installed kernel headers (either from the source or header
>  packages). I have yet to see a technical reason to break this
>  invariant.

>  Have you any reason for this, or is this a statement of belief?

The reason is that when the /usr/include links to /usr/src/linux disappeared,
the need for the /usr/src/linux link disappears too.

How do you claim that those two sections of the FSSTND, the one you quoted,
and the part following it that I quoted, are mutually exclusive?

	Martin.

P.S. You also made a number of points about OS space/user space all of
which I agree with. I think that has been done to death in other threads
on this list.