Re: What's Debian's /usr/src policy

Hi,
>>"Martin" == Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org> writes:

Martin> I also have problems about the /usr/src/linux symlink.

Martin> It really shouldn't be set up by the kernel-headers package,
Martin> but by the kernel-source package, which contains a complete
Martin> source tree. I don't think it makes a great deal of sense to
Martin> include it with the headers alone. Can you please detail a
Martin> rationale for this?

	The rationale is from the FSSTND:
The source code for the kernel should always be in place or at least the
include files from the kernel source.  Those files are located in these
directories:

     /usr/src/linux/include/asm-<arch>
     /usr/src/linux/include/linux

	The line "at least the include files from the kernel source"
 is my justification.

	manoj
--
 Men ought to know that from the brain and from the brain only arise
 our pleasures, joys, laughter, and jests as well as our sorrows,