Re: Proposed recompilation to remove dependency on libc6 2.0.7u

Since I lost two disks I had to re-install one of my machines.  I
installed hamm, then upgraded to slink using dpkg-multiftp.

I had to call [I]nstall twice (maybe thrice, I made some mistake)
to get everything installed.  The packages containing a pre-dependency
on libc were only installled by the second run.

This is acceptable.  I don't see a reason for re-compiling packages
to get rid of a versioned libc dependency.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Let's call it an accidental feature.  --Larry Wall