Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

Ben Collins wrote:
> Again, personal goals, conflicting with the group effort. We don't release
> debian on the basis of any one single package (nor a small group), so why
> fork unstable for this same thing?

How about forking it on the realization that the release-orientated
view of Debian is only one valid view? There are many people who are
not running a hamm system or slink system or potato system, but have
a mix of all the components, because they've upgraded from the internet.
The release-breaks are totally arbitrary for them, and it's more
imporatant that they can upgrade to the new Gnome and GTK tools.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"There's another side of heaven this way - to technical paradise" -