Re: Proposal: a more general and flexible appoach of packages.

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 05:02:17PM +0100, joost@pc47.mpn.cp.philips.com wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!

First of all: I think your idea is excellent!

> > Could we extend this one more step and state that any package depending
> > on foo has their maintainer subscribed to foo's mailing list.  That was
> > when foo changes all who depend on it will be aware.  That would be
> > absolutely supreme.
>
> Indeed a fine idea.  AOL

Hmm, I guess this might be a bit to much traffic on actively developed
packages. I think we should have <pkgname>-announce@packages.debian.org. This
alias should notify all lists for dependent packages of <pkgname> of the
change.

Just my 0.02 Euro.

cu
    Torsten