Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 02:52:58PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

> Personally I am very disappointed in the "package" mindset of some
> developers. The thinking that there is nothing for a maintainer to do
> but build their packages. Most people joined Debian in hopes of being
> involved with a productive and well bonded community, not to spew out a
> few packages every so often.

Pardon me? I'm a 'small-time' maintainer with a small set of packages. It's
my way of contributing just a little bit back to the community that produced
the OS that has given me so much pleasure and productivity. I have a job and
and a family outside of Debian, and do not have the time to become involved
in a 'community' nor the programming expertise to be making NMUs.

Are you saying that small contributions to Debian are not appreciated?

--
Scott Hanson <shanson@shcon.com>  <shanson@debian.org>
Johmsweg 9, D-21266 Jesteburg, Germany