Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 02:52:58PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

> Personally I am very disappointed in the "package" mindset of some
> developers. The thinking that there is nothing for a maintainer to
> do but build their packages. Most people joined Debian in hopes of
> being involved with a productive and well bonded community, not to
> spew out a few packages every so often.

While I concur with Joey Hess' view that no one can be forced to do
things they aren't interested in/don't want to do, I also see merit in
the above statement.  I don't know what can really be done about it,
though.  Some ideas to entice/enable (ick..buzzword alert!) people to
participate more would be interesting to hear.

Thanks,

        Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org