Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 02:52:58PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> I never even gave a hint as to feeling that a DPL was all powerful. This

Okay, I just got that feeling.

> whole topic (as you jumped into it) was concerning an idea I had that I
> would _like_ to see implemeted if I were elected as DPL (assuming the
> usual consensus of support). Please don't assume that I have delusions of

Good. Then this one is closed.

> dictoral control. You also fail to notice that this was a small idea in
> connection with my belief that our system needs to have more focus, not an
> attempt to crush the development cycle.

I didn't fail to notice that but I just chose to answer only this particular
idea. As I said in other mail the Debian project has some unique ways to do
some stuff.

> Personally I am very disappointed in the "package" mindset of some
> developers. The thinking that there is nothing for a maintainer to do
> but build their packages. Most people joined Debian in hopes of being
> involved with a productive and well bonded community, not to spew out a
> few packages every so often.

Boy, you get my feeling pissed off again. Let me just put this in my words:
You just joined one or two months ago and now you not only feel you'd be a
good DPL but also know what's right about Debian while what all the
old guys are doing is bad. Please correct me if I'm wrong after all english
is not my native language, but I don't like the sound of your mail at all.

Michael

Email: Michael.Meskes@gmx.net          | Use PostgreSQL!