Re: Nomination

On Sat, Dec 12, 1998 at 11:09:48AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > You've only helped my point.  Ian hasn't really had time for the
> > position.
>
> Have we ever been left for long without the input we needed from Ian?

I think we have.  A very recent example, it took Ian a long time to get
back to the arguments with regard to the DFSG2.  This really made a mess
of the discussion.

> I don't think your comment above is fair. In the past year, we have, overall,
> mostly gone about the business of packaging software -- which is good. We
> have also introduced a consitituition and proper process for Debian matters,
> which is also good. We've decided against major goals for a release where
> those will delay it like hamm. Overall, I think it has been a productive
> year.

I never claimed otherwise.  But I didn't see Ian in a lot of these
discussions really.  He kinda seems to drop in at the end of them
responding to the first messages.  I realize he's a busy guy and I am not
trying to be unfair to him, but I really believe he hasn't had the time I
believe is necessary to devote to the project.

I hope Ian isn't offended by this and I really didn't want to get into
discussing it at length.  I'm not trying to say Ian is a bad leader, only
that he just doesn't seem to have enough hours in the day to be the best
leader he could be.

--
"You're despicable."  -- Daffy Duck