Re: Nomination

  Joseph>  I disagree, though I have answered them all the same.  I think
  Joseph> there are more important issues than who maintains what and how
  Joseph> popular their packages are, what kinds of bugs, etc.

Debian, much like other Open Souce projects, is a meritocratic system.
You earn respect, and trust, by showing what you are capable of.

  Dirk> 4.  On which occassion, and how, have you helped the Debian project
  Dirk> achieve a higher technical standard ?

  Joseph>  I must admit I am not certain how to answer this.  Could you
  Joseph> define the scope a little?

Debian strives for technical excellence, and often achieves remarcable
result. Without dpkg, there would be no Debian as we know it. Ian is
obviously qualified for his post because he did lots of work that is
essential to the project. There are others with _outstanding_ contributions,
and I believe that a question like the above helps to identify those who
contributed significantly. And hence deserve merit.

--
Linux is not only free; it is, arguably, a better operating system, offering
a degree of stability and an ability to scale up that NT cannot match.
                                             -- The Economist, Oct 3, 1998