Re: QT non-free but becoming compatible to debian? (was Re: Qt license change)

Montreal Fri Nov 20 21:17:19 1998

john@dhh.gt.org <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
> > (so called virus effect)
>
> The so-called virus effect has nothing to do with the GPL's relationship to
> other licenses.

I'm sorry, yes I think I did screw up completely here.  Would you mind
re-explaining what is wrong with linking a GPL'ed program against a
QPL library again?  QPL allows you to write a GPL program linked
against it, so what is the GPL'ed program's problem with the QPL
library?

I'm seeing:

-------------
The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for
making modifications to it.  For an executable work, complete source
code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any
associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to
control compilation and installation of the executable.

So, the interface definition files of Qt would have to be under the
GPL?  Again, I'm probably screwing up completely.

-N.