Re: Status of the LPR package

On Sat, Nov 21, 1998 at 03:16:58AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 1998 at 12:52:12AM -0500, Sergey V Kovalyov wrote:
> > Nope, I've tried, it does not. You still need a workaround called "bounce
> > queue". I am saying that yes, you can relatively easyly make it work with
> > either lpr or lprng, but it looks ugly: you need two queus per printer.
> > But it does not have to look ugly - just lpr should do exactly what i tell
> > it to: run the filter.
> I find the lprng documentation on that topic confusing too. I have
> bounce queues working just fine on lpr instead. We could just fix the
> limitation though. Bounce queues make it impossible to remove jobs
> from the queue.

Does the term "bounce queue" refer to the two queues described in the
printcap man page (shown below)?

If so, you may need "lpq -Plj5-remote" instead of just "lpq" to see the
job after it passes through the lj5 queue and into the lj5-remote queue.
lpq and lprm seem to work for me with the -P option.

Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com