Re: Status of the LPR package

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 20, 1998 at 05:49:55PM -0500, Lee Bradshaw wrote:

> If so, you may need "lpq -Plj5-remote" instead of just "lpq" to see the
> job after it passes through the lj5 queue and into the lj5-remote queue.
> lpq and lprm seem to work for me with the -P option.

Uh?

$ lpq
Printer: lp@bellatrix  'LaserJet IIP' (bounce to lj-alcor)
 Queue: no printable jobs in queue

Printer: lj-alcor@bellatrix  'LaserJet IIP Alcor'
 Queue: 3 printable jobs
 Server: no server active
 Rank   Owner/ID                   Class Job  Files               Size Time
error   mmagallo@pollux+698            A  698 ERROR: IO error 'Broken pipe'
error   mmagallo@pollux+765            A  765 ERROR: IO error 'Broken pipe'
error   mmagallo@pollux+766            A  766 ERROR: IO error 'Broken pipe'

See, the jobs come from another host (pollux)... that other host prints:

$ lpq
Printer: lp is hpljiip@bellatrix
Printer: lp@bellatrix (originally hpljiip)  'LaserJet IIP' (bounce to lj-alcor)
 Queue: no printable jobs in queue

Printer: lj-alcor@bellatrix  'LaserJet IIP Alcor'
 Queue: 3 printable jobs
 Server: no server active
 Rank   Owner/ID                   Class Job  Files               Size Time
error   mmagallo@pollux+698            A  698 ERROR: IO error 'Broken pipe'
error   mmagallo@pollux+765            A  765 ERROR: IO error 'Broken pipe'
error   mmagallo@pollux+766            A  766 ERROR: IO error 'Broken pipe'

The one thing I have to figure out is how to

[ pollux ... ] lprm 698

and have that work. I'm sure it's a pretty silly premissions thing, but I
can't figure it out.

					Marcelo

PS: This is bellatrix' /etc/printcap (the relevant part) [ the big picture:
    alcor runs NT (yucks!) and it has an old laser printer attached to it,
    bellatrix runs lprng and does all the filtering to get things to print
    just fine on alcor's printer via Samba, other hosts run lprng and print
    remotely to bellatrix' lp queue ]

lp|lj|hpljiip|LaserJet IIP:\
        :bq=lj-alcor
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/hpljiip