Re: QT non-free but becoming compatible to debian? (was Re: Qt license change)

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> I wonder if our recent drop of KDE precipited this change in the license at
> all?

	I get the feeling that people only pay attention to RedHat.  I doubt that
what Debian does  influences people much.  Maybe I am a little too pessimistic with
that, however.
	It is clear that the wind was gone from KDE's sails, however.  On second thought,
"precipitated" may be a good word, because it had a big symbolic effect, even if
Debian does not have "market share" .
	Debian rules, btw.

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>