Re: QT non-free but becoming compatible to debian? (was Re: Qt license change)

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 10:56:59AM -0800, jim@laney.edu wrote:
> OK, I an reading 6a and 6c of QPL... I'm no lawer (how do you spel that??)
> but it seems that the license overall seems to open the possibility of
> QT modification and redistribution. So, if I had a vote, I'd vote to bring
> KDE and Qt back to debian.
It is too early for that. Qt 2.0 is not treleased. However, as soon as it is,
KDE and Qt may enter the main distribution (if a careful investgation
of the license shows no problems).

Furthermore, this is not a matter of voting, and has never been.
It is a matter of licenses and the definition of free software in the dfsg.