Re: Problem: installing hamm on laptop

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Joseph Carter wrote:

 : On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 04:45:22PM +0100, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
 : > Hi *,
 : >
 : >     I installed hamm on some laptops and I never experienced problems.
 : > Now I do. The box it's a Fujitsu Lifebook. With the std kernel it
 : > simply reboots just after uncompressing linux, with the tecra one
 : > it locks telling me "Failing A20 gating". The slow-load install
 : > disk reboots just like the std one. Any ideas?
 :
 : Tecra disks

Naw; they won't help.  I had the same problem with a Thinkpad 380Z.

You need a rescue disk with a zImage kernel.  RTFM the install doc in
the disks directory to figure out how to make one, or ask here :)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD