Re: binaries compiled on slink don't run anywhere else

Binary packages compiled on Hamm don't run on Bo, nor do all Bo packages
run on Rex. When you build packages, you often have to make sure that the
libraries you build with are the same as the ones on the target machine.

2.0.7u declares its lack of backward compatibility with shlibdeps, and by
conflicting with early sysklogd versions.

Many of the fixes in 2.0.7u come from backward ports of changes made to
2.1, so this problem isn't going to go away with future releases, and
stepping back to an older release only forces us to live with the bugs in
that version that are no longer present in 2.0.7u and 2.1.

It seems to me that we are better off to "bite the bullet" now, as it will
have to be dealt with when we move to 2.1 in any case, and moving
backwards doesn't help.

Luck,