Re: binaries compiled on slink don't run anywhere else

Previously Dale Scheetz wrote:
> Binary packages compiled on Hamm don't run on Bo, nor do all Bo packages
> run on Rex. When you build packages, you often have to make sure that the
> libraries you build with are the same as the ones on the target machine.

Yes, but packaged I made with bo ran on RH 4.2 systems and reverse. Packages
I made on hamm run on RH5.2 systems, and reverse. Now if I compile something
on slink it apparently doesn't run anywhere else.

I thought that this was not going to happen again, now that we have the
LSB project..

Wichert.

PS: please don't included a quoted version of the complete original
mail.