Re: where is egcs in slink?

  Adam> Can someone tell us the deal with santanni.cc.gatech.edu ?

We once needed a well-connected major mirror [ because someone else had just
dropped the ball on us ], and Greg Hankins happened to tell me that he had
just added a new disk, and hence had room. The rest, as they say, is history.

Obviously, that was a long while before the rsync mechanism started.

  Adam> I would suggest some solutions but since I don't know the history, I
  Adam> wouldn't want to spread FUD.

We need a volunteer site that lets us 'push'. Any takers?

--
Linux is not only free; it is, arguably, a better operating system, offering
a degree of stability and an ability to scale up that NT cannot match.
                                             -- The Economist, Oct 3, 1998