Re: where is egcs in slink?

In article <[🔎] 87r9vg5gny.fsf@femto.dyn.ml.org>, Guy Maor <maor@debian.org> writes:
> "J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)" <jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl> writes:
>> It seems that ftp.debian.org is suffering from the same problems as
>> mirrors. Perhaps someone more familiar with rsync can comment on
>> this?

> ftp.debian.org doesn't use rsync - that's the problem.  The mirrors
> which rsync off master are generally the most reliable.

Man, we gotta get ftp.debian.org into shape.  Let's catalog its
problems:

  * doesn't use rsync/push method, so, often out of date
  * doesn't allow many ftp connections (isn't it only 100?)
  * Debian ftp admins don't seem to have an account there (?)

I know that most people should not be using ftp.debian.org at all.
But still, those who don't know will always use it, and there will
always be a lot of them.

Can someone tell us the deal with santanni.cc.gatech.edu ?

I would suggest some solutions but since I don't know the history, I
wouldn't want to spread FUD.