Re: developer status again

>>"warp" == warp  <warp@whitestar.soark.net> writes:

 warp> On Fri, Oct 30, 1998 at 04:37:07AM +0000, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

 warp> Interesting, as NO ONE seems to know who actually does it...

 >> Shall I send you an address to send in money for a paycheck?

 warp> How about opening the positions for handling new maintainers?

	We shall, when we find anyone we can trst as much as the
 people doing the job at the moment. Not all tasks are created
 erqual. Not all developers are either.

 warp> First someone steps up and says they want to, then a vote is
 warp> called (or it is handled the same way policy changes now are),
 warp> if the vote passes then they get the position, simple..

	We do not really vote on everything (and certainly not on
 technical issues).

 warp> I'd offer to submit a proposal for a policy change however I'm not a
 warp> developer yet.. *cough*

	Why do I feel relieved?

 Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth but supreme
 beauty -- a beauty cold and austere, like that of a sculpture,
 without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous
 trapping of painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of a
 stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show.  The true
 spirit of delight, the exaltation, the sense of being more than man,
 which is the touchstone of the highest excellence, is to be found in
 mathematics as surely as in poetry. Bertrand Russell