Re: developer status again

On Friday 30 October 1998, at 5 h 57, the keyboard of warp@whitestar.soark.net
wrote:

> > 	That is easy to say when someone else has to do the work. And
> >  no, not anyone can volunteer and sign up for approving new
> >  developers,
> Interesting, as NO ONE seems to know who actually does it...

As a new developer (just one month ago), and one who got impatient because his
application was not processed fast enough, I can testify that you are wrong. I
know at least one member of new-maintainer@debian.org (because he called me on
the phone to check I was really me), Martin Schulze
<joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> and, from a problem with another new
maintainer, I know that James Troup <james@nocrew.org> reads his mail, too.

The list of new maintainers posted here from time to time, show that new applications are indeed processed. If it takes too long time, it's because it's a sort of ordeal, like Arthur having to get Excalibur out of the stone. You have to be zen and wait patiently to get the honor of being a Debian developer.

For the humour-impaired: I was kidding and I understand that there are many things to do for new-maintainer@debian.org, several being more fun.