Re: Asking for LILO configurations, intent to make 'liloconfig'

Hi,
>>"Javier" == Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es> writes:

 Javier> I will be using the following to make this program, but I would also
 Javier> appreciate pointers to similar stuff:

	Have you looked at the kernel-image package? The postinst
 tries to create a lilo.conf if no such file exists. It looks at
 /etc/fstab, determines which partitin is bootable, and creates a
 lilo.conf after looking at the results. I like to think this is worth
 looking at.

	manoj

===========================/etc/lilo.conf=============================
boot = /dev/hda2
delay = 50                    # optional, for systems that boot very quickly
compact
vga=normal                    # force sane state
root = current                # use "current" setting
message = /etc/lilo.message
verbose = 3
prompt
timeout = 300
image = /vmlinuz
	label = 2
	root = /dev/hda2
        append = "mem=95M"
        read-only
image = /vmlinuz.old
	label = 3
	root = /dev/hda2
        append = "mem=95M"
        read-only
image = /vmlinuz.stable
	label = 4
	root = /dev/hda2
        append = "mem=95M"
        read-only
other = /dev/hda1
   table = /dev/hda
   label = 1
==========================/etc/lilo.message===========================
You may now choose to boot any of the following operating systems/kernels.

            1) Windows 95
  default   2) Latest Linux Kernel
            3) backup Linux kernel
            4) Stable Linux kernel
Please enter a number (1-4) and hit enter. (In 30 seconds or so, the
default OS will boot). Type ? for a list of options.

 We've tried each spinning space mote And reckoned its true worth:
 Take us back again to the homes of men On the cool, green hills of
 Earth.  The arching sky is calling Spacemen back to their trade. All
 hands!  Standby!  Free falling! And the lights below us fade. Out
 ride the sons of Terra, Far drives the thundering jet, Up leaps the
 race of Earthmen, Out, far, and onward yet-- We pray for one last
 landing On the globe that gave us birth; Let us rest our eyes on the
 fleecy skies And the cool, green hills of Earth. Robert A. Heinlein,
 1941